The alert “y” was generated from x. The alert generated at 13.12.2016 15:34 and stayed for nearly 20 hours
When we checked we found that the same alert was generated at 13.12.2016 16:02 and resolved at the same time.
Can you also please let us know even though the alert was not resolved why there was a new alert from the same source .
I have run across this when I had a server running one OS and then either it was upgraded (in place) or a new server with a newer OS was named the same. SCOM does all monitoring based on FQDN. So I had 2 alerts. One for Server 2008 (old OS) and one for Server 2012 (new OS). I had to delete the agent in SCOM admin pane from the console and restart the agent. Once all discoveries ran again, only the Server 2012 Monitors and rules were running.