I’d like to achieve the following for our 500+ user base for SquaredUp:
- Any User > allowed to create & edit their dashboards only
- Any User > allowed to publish a dashboard so it can be shared but not allowed to do so to the navigation bar
- Navigation bar > Tied the publish to the navigation bar to a group
Issues so far:
- If a user is given Create permissions they can only create dashboards but cannot edit them without being given system wide Edit permissions
- If a user is given Create/Edit permissions they can edit ‘All’ dashboards
- If a user is given Publish permissions then can to the full Navigation bar. We have scoped dashboard bar groups + views so you can publish to a tree that only members in a group can see but this is not desired in this use case. We want to restrict publishing to the navigation bar overall to a group
Has anyone been able to find the right combo of permissions to allow users to create/edit without opening the door for them to accidentally modify/remove dashboards published for the full business that are accessible from the navigation bar?
This level of granularity for dashboard authoring permissions isn’t possible right now, but we are seeing more examples of Squared Up being pushed out to users for self-service dashboard authoring so it is something we’d like to address in a future release.