SCOM - MSSQL 2014 : Discovery Failed

I have imported the SQL 2014 management pack, Configured the SQL Action Account with the relevant security rights but for some reason I just can’t get rid of these two Alerts. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. My SQL Action account has SysAdmin rights

Alert Context:

Local Admin Security Rights

SysAdmin Security Rights

1 Like

Hello,

Did you assign an account for the discovery/monitoring run as profile as well? Don’t forget local permissions on the SQL servers as well, this is often forgotten. The SQL Management Pack guide explains in detail which permissions are required for SQL monitoring, suggest you go through that as well.

it seems like the runas account dont have correct permission on your sqlinstance. What does the alert context say?

I have updated the question with Alert Context - My SQL Action Account has SysAdmin rights on SQL DB Instance

I have updated the Question now to show the Security Rights for SQL SysAdmin and Local Server Admin. I have followed the SQL Management Pack guide - I have now made all the accounts both Local Admin and Sysadmin. - just to see if this addresses the problem. (This is my test environment)

Jaspervd - I have found the problem - The following profiles didn’t have the credentials configured.

Number 1 caught me out as i didn’t spot the SQL in the name
Number 2 & 3 stated that the MP’s was only for SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 server role components. - I thought I didn’t need to configure them as I was running SQL 2014

1. Reporting SDK SQL Server Authentication Account ()
  2. SQL Server Discovery Account - This account is used for discovery of SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2 server role components.
  3. SQL Server Monitoring Account - This account is used for monitoring of SQL Server 2000, 2005, 2008 and 2008 R2.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction :slight_smile: