“The requested reader was not valid. The reader either does not exist or has expired” Error while fetching Performance data in SCOM
Snippet of the script that I am executing :
$reader = $managementgroupobj.GetMonitoringPerformanceDataReader()
$perfData = $reader.GetMonitoringPerformanceData()
$valueReader = $perfData.GetValueReader($starttime,$endtime)
$perfValue = $valueReader.GetMonitoringPerformanceDataValue()
$managementgroupobj is an instance of class
The difference of
$endtime veries from 15 minutes to 1 hour depending on the last execution of the same script.
The snippet collects the performance the data successfully for long time. but then, out of nowhere it throws following error:
“The requested reader was not valid. The reader either does not exist or has expired”
- What is the cause of the mentioned error.?
- I still have confusion with Read() method. What is the significance of it.?
- It would be great if I get to know the mechanism of the PerformanceDataReader.
- The amount of data it fetched before getting error was 100k+. and it took almost an hour to fetch that data.
- I think the possible issue was with amount of data it has to fetch, It might be a kind of TimoutException.
- It would be great if I get atleast some knowledge of all 3 questioned mention above.