Yesterday I attempted to upgrade the first of my console servers hosting Squaredup that we have running in HA. It seem that the upgrade of the software installed but at the stage of upgrading the dashboards and starting squared up its stuck in a loop.
I haven’t wanted to upgrade the second server given this but wondered if there are any logs I can provide or if its suggested to carry on with the second server upgrade and this will be the reason its failing to start correctly.
I had the excat same problem with a customer installation, also upgrading from 3.1.1 to 3.3.1
I ended up, moving the dashboard files away from the dashboard folder, then the dashboard upgrade process worked.
My best guess, is that there are something i one of the dashboard, that the conversion engine cannot handle, and enters this infinite loop.
After I upgradede both nodes, i copied the dashboards back, and voila – Everything worked again 🙂
Other customers that have done this upgrade did not have any problems, so it is not a normal process.
Thank you for the fast reply.
So should I attempt the upgrade again once I have moved the dashboard files? where do these files normally live within the IIS folder or somewhere else?
If one of the nodes have been upgraded, then try doing the followin:
- stop all squaredup services on both nodes
- Move the dashboards away from the HA folder (C:\SquaredupHA\User\Packages\Everyone\Dashboards) This is located on your primary node.
- Start the primary node up again (or start the node that have been upgraded)
- Start up the website configuration, where it went into a loop before.
- Now it should continue, and work.
- stop the website again, move the dashboards back, and start the website again, and see if it does the trick.
- If the above steps work, upgrade the second node, this should run smoothly 🙂