Add additional name (alias) to the standard server name

Hello,
I use some perfomance views and I want to add to the standard server name an alias, like server.domain.com (app server 1). I have found, that I can change the custom label. I tried the upper case function: {{key.managedEntityPath.toUpperCase().split(‘.’)[0]}} This works, but I have no clue to add an additional information to the server name. Please help.
Thanks Arne

You can utilize any properties that are discovered for the class of object you are scoping into the tile. These properties can be found on the Monitored Entity perspective when drilling down into the objects.

Example below with the class of object on the left, properties on the right:

When using the properties in a tile, simply enter as many properties as you need, separate by a space/hyphen/colon/etc.

Be careful with your property label, you may need to use properties.propertyName rather than just the name, and be sure to use camelCase.

Let us know how you get on!

thanks for your quick response. I can find the properties, but it doesn’t work. The Legend name is empty, see my screenshot. Besides I want to have customer specific name, which is not in the property list.

So there are a couple of things going on here.

First, try this {{key.managedEntityPath.toUpperCase().split('.')[0]}} - It looks like the single quotes weren’t quite right for some reason. With this I get:

Secondly, I must apologize, I didn’t spot you were talking about labels for performance graphs. When we’re talking labels for performance graphs, it’s a different set of properties for the metric that are available, rather than the full properties available for the scoped object. The full list in the mustache picker is shown in your screenshot.

If you want a custom label then it’s a free text field. You can enter whatever you want:

If you have multiple objects that you want to replace, then I’d have a read of our samples here:

Specifically, I’d look at the if-statements page:

ok, this works: {{key.managedEntityPath.toUpperCase().split(‘.’)[0]}} and the free text too. So, I will check your samples (if-statements).
Thanks.

Thanks again, it’s working:
SquaredUp21