Add more task options to the task list.

I would like to add additional task to the selection, depending upon the object scoped. Is this possible?

1 Like

Ok, only SCOM agent tasks work in SquaredUp. I think you answered my question.

Ex. Some administrators would like to start/stop a SQL instance/service or perform a custom task against a particular class of object within Squaredup.

1 Like

As Jelly stated. Tasks are available for the targeted object. In this case most tasks are available on the SQL DB Instance.

Here is a picture showing the default tasks and a few custom ones created by our DBA.

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/scom-agent-tasks-a-hidden-gem/

Tasks are created within SCOM. If the task targets the class of object you require, this would be fine. What’s the use case here? i.e. what are you trying to add? As an aside, only SCOM Agent Tasks work in Squared Up.

Ok, only SCOM agent tasks work in SquaredUp. I think you answered my question.

Ex. Some administrators would like to start/stop a SQL instance/service or perform a custom task against a particular class of object within Squaredup.

This is possible, you just need to ensure that you have the right object open in Squared Up. I believe that the tasks to restart the SQL instance etc. are viewable on the SQL instance itself (default MSSQLSERVER).