All available metrics

(edit - now with added screenshots!)

How do I get/type * – * for all available metrics to work? Whenever I type it is says ‘no matching metrics’, even if I delete it from a populated performance dashboard and then re-add it!

If I delete the - in the box above, I can’t re-add it by typing it in again:

metrics-issue2.png

1 Like

On the metric tab, choose advanced instead of quickfind and then put a * in each box. It should work.

2 Likes

Can you add some screenshots to show us what you mean? You’ll need to edit your intial post to do this :slight_smile:

If you just want all the metrics for that object you have scoped just press down arrow in the “choose metric” box.

There are also a KB article when you have different objects with the same counter name. Then you can use wildcards.
https://support.squaredup.com/v3/Reference/HowToUseWildcardsInMetrics?q=metr

If I understand the question correctly?

I do want all available metrics, on spark lines - like you get on the Performance Perspective of a server.

I just tried. Choose Sparkline as metric. Then scoped the class to “Windows Servers”. Pressed arrow down in “choose metric”. Then I get a list of all metrics available for thos objects/object. Maybe your object that you choose dont have any performance metrics?

I can see all of the metrics, but i want to select them all at once (like a . for everything in a folder) and display them on spark lines. Apologies if I’m not making myself clear. This is how it’s done on the Performance perspective in the screenshot above, but I can’t replicate that by typing in .

Ok, now I got you.

On the metric tab, choose advanced instead of quickfind and then put a * in each box. It should work.

Bingo! Thanks very much :slight_smile: