Can I send an email out from a dashboard

Can we setup a dashboard to send an email message out for example when a SQL DB gets low on free space? I know SCOM sends an alert but we would like to send an alert from the dashboard also to support people that may not receive SCOM alerts.

1 Like

Squared Up does not have the functionality to send out notifications when an alert triggers.

They have provided a PS script to configure HTML notifications within the SCOM console though this again relies on channels/subscribers/subscriptions within SCOM.

Is there any specific reason you haven’t added these users to the subscriptions in SCOM?

Side note - You can create a mailto button within Squared Up that has some details from an alert, though this will require a manual click. If this would be useful, let me know and I’ll update my answer :slight_smile:

We don't have Cireson here, but the raising of a ticket is pretty straightforward. If you already have a link to your Cireson new ticket page, then this should just be a case of adding a task button to the alert perspective:

2017-12-08-10_26_16-Security-Monitoring-Threat-Hunting_-Batch-Logon-in-use-Squared-Up.jpg

On the left side, you then need to ensure that you select Web from the drop down:

2017-12-08-10_27_19-Security-Monitoring-Threat-Hunting_-Batch-Logon-in-use-Squared-Up.jpg

(Dummy URL used!)

Should do the trick - ensure you add it to the default alert perspective and publish it.

You can also use the mustache here, so you can add the title/description:

2017-12-08-10_29_04-Security-Monitoring-Threat-Hunting_-Batch-Logon-in-use-Squared-Up.jpg

I’m fairly sure you can pass these in via the URL, though I haven’t tested this myself.

You can configure SCOM to send alert emails that include a link to the alert/object in Squared Up. Have you looked at that?

ooh I’d be interested in that Jelly. It’s been on my to-do list, but I haven’t got around to it. I have a alert task in SCOM that does this, but really need one in SquaredUp.