“Data Access Service SPN Not Registered” alert with NULL servicePrincipalName

I understand SPNs and how they’re used, but I’ve received this alert with a NULL servicePrincipalName:

The System Center Data Access service failed to register an SPN. A domain admin needs to add MSOMSdkSvc/server1 and MSOMSdkSvc/server1.mydomain.local to the servicePrincipalName of NULL
Is it safe to ignore?

I think this is the most comprehensive info you’ll find on the subject to check what needs tweaking:

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2011/08/08/opsmgr-2012-what-should-the-spn-s-look-like.aspx

SPN’s (Service Principal Names) settings are very similar in OpsMgr 2012 as they were in OpsMgr 2007. However, since the SDK (Data Access) service runs on ALL management servers now… the SPN’s for the SDK (DAS) account will be different now.

If you deploy OpsMgr using a standard domain user account for the SDK service, you might see alerts like the following:

Data Access Service SPN Not Registered

The System Center Data Access service failed to register an SPN. A domain admin needs to add MSOMSdkSvc/SCOM03 and MSOMSdkSvc/SCOM03.opsmgr.net to the servicePrincipalName of CN=SCOM03,CN=Computers,DC=opsmgr,DC=net