How to get Performance Perspective working on a DA & Groups?

If I look at at DA in SquaredUp, one of the deafult perspectives is Performance.

How do I get it to display anything when looking at the DA.

My DA is pretty simple – just a few components with servers in them.

If I drill down to a component, same issue – no metrics are displayed.

What is the performance perspective attempting to look at?

Also - same effect if I look at groups. There is a Dependency Rollup for Performance on the groups already set in SCOM.

Hi Darren,

first, the “dependency monitors” are just for the health roll up and not for this performace views, which should contain graphs of your performance metrics.

If you check this perspectiv you will see that the scope is just the DA, and this DA got no performance metrics, just the childs will have them. Try to change the scope of the perspectiv to “relativ obejcts” and children of all levels. Then you need to define of which class you want to see your metrics. Try for example “Computer” to see a bunch of them :wink:

Unbenannt.png

1 Like

Hey Darren, Moji is right, the issue is that the performance counters aren’t actually against the DA Object, but it’s children (eg. computers / servers). One note of caution on Moji’s advice is that if you do this you will- I believe – be adjusting the default ‘Performance’ perspective, which is applied to all objects, not just DAs, and so if you adjust this you may well mess it up for other views. One alternate option would be to clone the perspective (or simply create a new one), specifically for DAs, and scope it as Moji advises. This way, this perspective will only apply when you view a DA. I’ve included a screenshot below and I think the classes are scoped correctly, but I’m no expert in that area ?

1 Like

Hi Moji / Crowdplease. I’ve done exactly that already as my ‘fix’- created a new view scoped with the perf data I need. rather than editing the default performance perspective - so sounds like I am on the right track.

But it bothers me that I have groups and DA’s that show the perspective when it can’t display any data. I was hoping their was some monitor I had to create to make it work.

Thanks for the help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Darren, Moji is right, the issue is that the performance counters aren’t actually against the DA Object, but it’s children (eg. computers / servers). One note of caution on Moji’s advice is that if you do this you will- I believe - be adjusting the default ‘Performance’ perspective, which is applied to all objects, not just DAs, and so if you adjust this you may well mess it up for other views. One alternate option would be to clone the perspective (or simply create a new one), specifically for DAs, and scope it as Moji advises. This way, this perspective will only apply when you view a DA. I’ve included a screenshot below and I think the classes are scoped correctly, but I’m no expert in that area :wink:

It would be nice if you could exclude certain objects/groups/classes from a Perspective’s scope. Perhaps this is a feature request you should send to support? I’d also like to see this :slight_smile: