Monitor frequency... couple of questions

I noticed there’s a “frequency” option when I set up a tile monitor. I get what it does, but does a refresh count as a data query and count against my plan limits? More frequently, more queries etc.

Also, for things like cost in Azure, this only changes once per day, at midnight UTC I believe… is there a way to get the monitor to always refresh at a specific time i.e. just after the Azure data would be fresh?

1 Like

Hi, yes monitoring counts towards your data query limit. Each monitoring check normally costs the same as showing the data in a tile. So more frequent checks will use more of your allowance.

You can monitor your usage in the Plan and Usage page at https://app.squaredup.com/usage, which updates in near real time (on page reload).

It’s not currently possible to specify a time for a monitor check. For a data source that updates daily a check interval of 4 to 6 hours might give a reasonable balance between timely updates and avoiding redundant checks.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info Andy, much appreciated. A more advanced scheduler is certainly a nice to have, but I can live with making the checks happen every few hours :+1:

1 Like