Operations manager alert OleDB: Results Error

the following alert is getting generated on all the management server.

OleDB: Results Error
OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item. Unspecified error
: [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Workflow name: Microsoft.SharePoint.2013.SPDatabase.Connection

Instance name: Configuration Database

Instance ID: {30FC8EFE-4F3E-CA3A-6119-CA12043CA34A}

Management group: XXXXXXX

Date and Time: 12/7/2017 6:23:17 AM
Log Name: Operations Manager
Source: Health Service Modules
Event Number: 11852
Level: 2
Logging Computer: XXXXXXXX
User: N/A
Description:
OleDb Module encountered a failure 0x80004005 during execution and will post it as output data item. Unspecified error : [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Workflow name: Microsoft.SharePoint.2013.SPDatabase.Connection Instance name: Configuration Database Instance ID: {30FC8EFE-4F3E-CA3A-6119-CA12043CA34A} Management group: XXXXXXX

Here the Logging Computer(XXXXXX) is the management server

Have you followed the guide regarding setting up monitoring for sharepoint server?

According to the error it sounds like the monitoring is trying to check the configuration database for sharepoint but the monitoring account either cant find the SQL/Database or it gets an access denied.

I would check the log of the SQL server to see if you get any access denied there and what account that is trying to access the server.

Then take a look at the configuration for the management pack.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/kevinholman/2013/05/13/configuring-the-sharepoint-2013-management-pack/

2 Likes

Hi

I have checked instance ID using the powershell command

Get-SCOMMonitoringObject -Id DB9C1B4E-A7D2-2898-2BCD-AB84F97A8A24|fl -Property *

the instance ID is pointing to the Sharepoint configuration database .when I checked the server , there is no SQL management studio ,only SQL services are running.

Then the problem is probably that SCOM is trying to discover the sharepoint database. And the account you have setup does not have access. Check the SQL-server log on that server when the error comes up to see which account that is trying to login.