SCOM Agent Requirements

Looking for documentation that shows any prerequisites for the agent install. We are particularly worried about .NET versions. We are planning to deploy 2016 1901 or SCOM 2019 in the next few weeks. As soon as they are released.

This article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/system-center/scom/plan-planning-agent-deployment?view=sc-om-2016

It does not mention .NET and I don’t recall seeing anything about a .NET requirement in the past.

Microsoft Monitoring Agent operating system
The following versions of Windows operating system are supported for the Microsoft Monitoring Agent connecting to Operations Manager.

Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2016 Nano Server, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows 10, Windows 8 Enterprise, Windows 8 Pro, Windows Embedded POSReady 2009, Windows 7, Windows Embedded Standard 7 Service Pack 1.

• File system: %SYSTEMDRIVE% must be formatted with the NTFS file system.
  • Windows PowerShell version: Windows PowerShell version 2.0, or Windows PowerShell version 3.0.
  • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later

Windows PowerShell is required for local collection of IntelliTrace logs, and to run System Center Operations Manager management packs that use PowerShell scripts.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 or later is required for local collection of IntelliTrace logs and .NET Application Performance Monitoring.

Thanks I was not seeing a requirement for it either but wanted to verify. I know SCCM does have some .net requirements.