SCOM and UpTime Robot for web availability

I have setup SCOM to use data from UptimeRobot for web site availability using this link:
https://noalertleftbehind.wordpress.com/2017/06/30/integrate-external-website-monitoring-with-scom-uptimerobot/comment-page-1/#comment-6

Since I have set this up, I do not see anything in Web alert view and State View.
How do I know or where do I go and see if this setup is pulling availability data from Uptime Robot on my particular site?
Are there any instructions on how to set this up in Squared Up or point me to a KB/video I can use to set this and any other URL monitoring using SquaredUp dashboard.
I am trialling out v3 at the moment.

Regards
SR

Views are created under the UptimeRobot folder, or if you’re like me and prefer to create a Squared Up dashboard, that’s up to you.
From there, you can right click the objects > Properties to get the class. The one below is not what you are looking for, but an example.

2017-08-21-11_13_28-Object-Properties.png

Hey Saiyad,

See my response on my blog, I believe it is a lack of permissions or the inability to go to the proxy is the cause.
As a troubleshooting step, I’d recommend adding the run as account to the local administrators as well. Afterwards, try to restart the agent and see if the 8003 event appears in the Operations Manager log.

1 Like

Hi Jelly,

When I go to the Uptime Robot folder, I have the web checks alert view, web checks state view and watcher node state view.

Only the Watcher Node state view has the watcher node and all other views are blank with no data.

But the watcher node is not what we want to put on the dashboard, its the website its monitoring is what we want.

Regards
SR

Hi Saiya, that doesn’t sound right. When I saw this in action, the web tests become their own objects. I haven’t got this MP configured in my environment at the moment, so I’m not sure I can help you further. Check the SCOM event log for errors, confirm that the end point is reachable (firewall?) and, hopefully, JVD will see this and point you in the right direction!

Hi,

Do you see the web check objects when you use the discovered inventory view? If not, the objects arent discovered (yet). If you do, theres a problem with the particular view

Martin

Thanks Jelly.
I’ll keep digging.

Hi Ehrnst,

In Discovered Inventory, I changed my target to “Uptime Robot” and I got the “Uptime Robot Watcher Node (Servername)” with its API key.
This is showing as unmonitored but from what I understand from Jasper " it is unmonitored because there are no monitors associated with it. There are monitors associated with the webchecks."

Regards
SR

Yes, so you have to chose the web check, and not the watcher node :slight_smile:

ok so I changed Target to “UptimeRobot Web Check” and there are no objects showing up. What does this mean and what should I do? Its been about 4 days since I installed the MP. Should I remove and re do the whole thing again?