Update community edition 5.7 to 5.9

Hello everyone,

I hope this message finds every one of you well. I am currently facing some difficulties while attempting to update my Community Version 5.7 to 5.9. I encountered the following error message during the process:

05/23/2023 15:01:00 [Error] Error encountered during step “Detect files for backup”: “Command [ “C:\Program Files\Squared Up Dashboard Server\5x\deploy.exe” updir --target=“C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5_e9e2” --start] provided a non-successful exit code” Stage code “0x1B”

I am unsure about the root cause of this error and how to proceed in order to successfully update the version.
I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions on how to overcome this issue and complete the update process successfully.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,

more info
ystem.IO.IOException: Acceso denegado a la ruta de acceso ‘C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5_e9e2’.
en System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
en deploy.UpgradeDirectoryCommand.StartUpgrade()
Cannot backup C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5_e9e2 to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5_e9e2.old for upgrade. Cannot proceed. This issue may be caused by files in use or insufficient permissions

i´ve tried all i give permission to everything!

Hi Gaston,
The error indicates that there might be a process which is running and has a lock on the SquaredUpv5_e9e2 folder which has prevented the upgrade from proceeding.

You can check the details by using Process Explorer on the SquaredUp server by following the steps below:

1. Download and run Process Explorer from this Microsoft location: Process Explorer
  2. When it loads, select the Find menu → Find Handle or DLL
  3. Type *SquaredUpv5_e9e2 * into the Handle or substring field and click Search. If any processes are accessing the folder you will see them listed in this window.

Close any processes listed here and verify that the lock has been released by clicking the Search button again. An empty list should be displayed when there are no further open files in the squaredupv5 directory.

Then you can try running installer again.

it work like magic!

Thank you very much!!